The rules of the game, as explained by Film/Video Curator Joel Shepard:
- Film collectors often end up with "odd reels". An odd reel is when you have only a single reel from a film.
- Five odd reels are strung together to make a 90-minute random "film."
- The reels are placed in the order they would be shown in their true context, so the first reel is the beginning of a film, the last reel is the end of film, etc.
- From the program announcement: "I have no idea if this is going to work, so we’re reducing the admission price to an el cheapo $5 for all seats … so, wtf, take the plunge."
- If you get bored, it's like a new movie every 18 minutes
Now this could go horribly wrong if the reels weren't entertaining, but these reels were from:
- Insane kung-fu comedy with incredibly bad subtitles. I have never seen anything quite like the "banana monster" sequence.
- Sexy Proibitissimo, ridiculous Italian stripper-mondo film
- Love Camp 7, Nazi soft porn from the master, Lee Frost
- Devil's Nightmare, Seven Deadly Sins in a creepy ole mansion, with Erica Blanc
- Finale: the ultimate in tacked-on endings, the conclusion from Snuff
Needless to say, a good time was had by all experiencing this Frankenstein monster. Much more entertaining than sitting through the full-length version of any these masterpieces.